For more information about our volunteer program or to register for an Open House or training date, contact Susan Hahn, Volunteer Coordinator, at (757) 721-7350 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The inspirational dedication and devotion of our EQUI-KIDS volunteers enable us to deliver our mission every day-and we are grateful for each and every one of our volunteers who selflessly offer their service to support our therapeutic riding program. With more than 300 volunteers delivering 14,000 hours of service, our program offers numerous ways that you can help:
You can be an active part of our lesson program and be ‘hands on’ with our courageous students as a sidewalker or horse leader.
You can help us care for our hard working horses and our facility as a stable volunteer
Program Volunteer Qualifications
- All volunteers must be 14 years of age or older
- All volunteers must attend an Open House to learn more about our volunteer opportunities and receive the Volunteer Application packet
- Lesson volunteers are required to sign up for a minimum of one lesson per week
- Barn and facility volunteers are encouraged to maintain a consistent shift schedule to ensure adequate coverage. Morning, afternoon and early evening shifts are available Monday through Sunday.
- Volunteers must be able to adhere to safety standards, follow directions of program staff, and provide services needed as per volunteer function
Join The EQUI-KIDS Ambassadors
If special events are your forte, you can help us in the planning, preparation and execution of our fundraising events held throughout the year!
EQUI-KIDS Ambassadors is an all volunteer group that contributes to the success of our organization by assisting with special events, fundraisers and promotions. Our Ambassadors are dedicated to supporting these initiatives by assisting with EQUI-KIDS signature events, third party fundraisers, public awareness promotions, and much more! You can be a part of EQUI-KIDS/EQUI-VETS volunteer team, as well as EQUI-KIDS Ambassadors.
Our Ambassadors are an integral part of helping EQUI-KIDS increase community awareness and financial support within the organization.
EQUI-KIDS Ambassador Volunteer Qualifications
- Ambassadors must be 21 years of age or older
- Ambassadors must attend Ambassador Orientation
- Ambassadors participate with internal and external event, selling raffle and event tickets, developing corporate partnerships, soliciting in kind gifts and cultivating donor relationships.
- Ambassadors are encouraged to support as many initiatives as they are able; with a minimum of one each year.
- Ambassadors represent EQUI-KIDS, and all members should strive to exceed expectations with the highest level of professionalism, distinction and courtesy.
No matter what volunteer activity you wish to pursue, EQUI-KIDS provides a wonderful opportunity to meet new friends, learn more about our program and horses, be active in the community and make an unforgettable difference in the lives of others.